APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2024.07.22 - Daily Mirror - Slash cancels tour dates after stepdaughter Lucy-Bleu Knight dies aged 25 (& related articles)

Go down

2024.07.22 - Daily Mirror - Slash cancels tour dates after stepdaughter Lucy-Bleu Knight dies aged 25 (& related articles) Empty 2024.07.22 - Daily Mirror - Slash cancels tour dates after stepdaughter Lucy-Bleu Knight dies aged 25 (& related articles)

Post by Blackstar Tue Jul 23, 2024 11:03 am

Guns N' Roses' Slash cancels tour dates after stepdaughter Lucy-Bleu Knight dies aged 25
Guns N' Roses rocker Slash has announced the heartbreaking news that his stepdaughter, Lucy-Bleu Knight, has died at the age of 25 as he pulled out of a number of tour dates

ByCharlotte McIntyre
Assistant Showbiz Editor

Slash has been left heartbroken by the untimely death of his stepdaughter.

The iconic Guns 'N Roses axe-man had abruptly cancelled several gigs on his 'S.E.R.P.E.N.T. ' festival tour citing "unforeseen circumstances" only to later come forth with the tragic news that he and his beloved, Meegan Hodges, were mourning their 25 year old girl, Lucy-Bleu Knight.

On Instagram, he shared: "Lucy-Bleu Knight (December 6, 1998), beloved daughter of Meegan Hodges and Mark Knight, stepdaughter of Samantha Somers Knight and Slash, sister of Scarlet Knight, stepsister of London and Cash Hudson, passed away peacefully in Los Angeles, CA on July 19, 2024."

Describing her as a brilliantly gifted artist and a person of wonderful charm, he added: "Lucy-Bleu was an incredibly talented artist, a passionate dreamer, and a charming, lovable, sweet soul."

"The family asks for privacy at this time and requests that social media speculation be kept to a minimum as they grieve and process this devastating loss."

Sympathy and support have poured in from many friends in high places. Susan McKagan, wife of GNR's Duff, offered heartfelt feelings: "words cannot express our deepest sympathy and condolences. love you all so much".

Violet Grohl touched upon the family's sorrow: "My heart hurts for you guys. all the love to your family rn.(sic)".

And RHCP's Flea sent out his blessings: "Oh man, god bless.(sic)". The very history of how Slash and Meegan reconnected speaks volumes: after an initial flame in 1989, they found love again in 2015.

His partner, who had Lucy with Mark Knight, echoed the sentiment on her Instagram, simply adding: "I love you." The cause of Lucy-Bleu's passing remains a mystery.

Just hours before the heartbreaking news broke, the 58 year old rock star had to cancel several upcoming gigs. A statement released on social media read: "Due to unforeseen circumstances, the S.E.R.P.E.N.T tour regrettably has to cancel the below performances. Refunds will be available at points of purchase."

The announcement continued: "The S.E.R.P.E.N.T tour will resume in Toronto on July 28, 2024 at Budweiser Stage. We love our fans and apologize for any inconvenience this has caused."

Fans were disappointed to learn that the scrapped shows include a performance in Cincinnati on Monday (22.07. 24), with further dates in Interlochen, Huber Heights, and Windsor also axed.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/guns-n-roses-slash-heartbroken-33302294

Last edited by Blackstar on Tue Jul 23, 2024 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90738

Back to top Go down

2024.07.22 - Daily Mirror - Slash cancels tour dates after stepdaughter Lucy-Bleu Knight dies aged 25 (& related articles) Empty Re: 2024.07.22 - Daily Mirror - Slash cancels tour dates after stepdaughter Lucy-Bleu Knight dies aged 25 (& related articles)

Post by Blackstar Tue Jul 23, 2024 11:04 am

Fox News:

Guns N’ Roses rocker Slash shares ‘devastating loss’ of stepdaughter
No cause of death has been provided for Lucy-Bleu Knight, 25, who died on Friday

By Elizabeth Stanton

Guns N’ Roses rocker Slash announced the tragic news that his 25-year-old stepdaughter, Lucy-Bleu Knight, suddenly passed away Friday.

The legendary guitarist shared the information on his Instagram page.

"Lucy-Bleu Knight (December 6, 1998), beloved daughter of Meegan Hodges and Mark Knight, stepdaughter of Samantha Somers Knight and Slash, sister of Scarlet Knight, stepsister of London and Cash Hudson, passed away peacefully in Los Angeles, CA on July 19, 2024," he wrote.

He continued, "Lucy-Bleu was an incredibly talented artist, a passionate dreamer, and a charming, lovable, sweet soul."

Slash’s statement concluded, "The family asks for privacy at this time and requests that social media speculation be kept to a minimum as they grieve and process this devastating loss."

Fox News Digital reached out to representatives for Slash, born Saul Hudson, for comment, but they did not immediately respond.

According to the Department of Medical Examiner's Office, Knight died at a private residence, but no cause of death has been determined. An exam has been scheduled.

Before sharing Knight’s death, Slash posted that his S.E.R.P.E.N.T tour had to cancel some performances this week in Ohio and Michigan "due to unforeseen circumstances."

"We love our fans and apologize for any inconvenience this has caused," he wrote, noting refunds were available for the canceled dates, and the tour would resume July 28 in Toronto.

Slash is in a relationship with Knight’s mom, Meegan Hodges. According to Rolling Stone, the couple first got together in 1989, but parted ways before rekindling their romance in 2015.

Hodges shares Knight, and her sister, Scarlet, with former partner Mark Knight, who later married producer Samantha Somers. Slash is also a father to two sons, London and Cash, with ex-wife Perla Ferrar.

The message Slash posted on his Instagram was also shared by Hodges on her account.

An Instagram account appearing to belong to Knight shared a cryptic final post a few hours after Slash’s note was shared.

"Whether I made you feel excluded, manipulated/ controlled you, told you to quit your day job from the comfort of being financially supported by my parents, or drowned real issues in toxic positivity-I am sorry," the caption reads, accompanied by a photo of Knight. "Countless missed opportunities and connections due to a disgustingly big ego, insecure heart and fear of being vulnerable. May my soul learn to evolve from my poor job at being Lucy-Bleu. Peace"

Hodges left a comment that read, "MY BABY GIRL! I LOVE YOU WITH EVERYTHING. I’M SO SORRY."

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/guns-n-roses-rocker-slash-shares-devastating-loss-stepdaughter
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

2024.07.22 - Daily Mirror - Slash cancels tour dates after stepdaughter Lucy-Bleu Knight dies aged 25 (& related articles) Empty Re: 2024.07.22 - Daily Mirror - Slash cancels tour dates after stepdaughter Lucy-Bleu Knight dies aged 25 (& related articles)

Post by Blackstar Tue Jul 23, 2024 11:05 am

Today:

Guitarist Slash says his stepdaughter, ‘a passionate dreamer,’ has died at 25
The guitarist said his stepdaughter “passed away peacefully.”

By Rosie Colosi

Slash, the longtime guitarist for Guns N’ Roses, announced on Monday, July 22 that his stepdaughter, Lucy Bleu-Knight, died. She was just 25 years old.

On Instagram, Slash posted an image of what appears to be an obituary. It reads: "Lucy-Bleu Knight (December 6, 1998), beloved daughter of Meegan Hodges and Mark Knight, stepdaughter of Samantha Somers Knight and Slash, sister of Scarlet Knight, stepsister of London and Cash Hudson, passed away peacefully in Los Angeles, CA on July 19, 2024."

Slash’s birth name was Saul Hudson, and Meegan Hodges is his girlfriend. The guitarist did not add a caption to the image.

The post describedKnight as "an incredibly talented artist, a passionate dreamer, and a charming, lovable, sweet soul." It also asked for privacy for the family as they navigate "this devastating loss."

The day before he announced his stepdaughter's death publicly, Slash cancelled four performances of the S.E.R.P.E.N.T. tour that he is headlining. According to this Instagram post, performances will resume on July 28.

Musicians, friends and fans have commented with their condolences for the iconic guitarist and his family.

Susan Holmes McKagan, wife of Slash’s bandmate Michael Andrew “Duff” McKagan, wrote, "words cannot express our deepest sympathy and condolences. love you all so much ????."

Their daughter Grace McKagan added, "I love you guys."

Band member Melissa Reese wrote, "There are no words. Sending absolutely all of my love and hugs and condolences and support to you guys."

Flea, from Red Hot Chili Peppers, wrote simply, "oh man, god bless."

Other artists and musicians who paid their respects include Jason Momoa, Tyler Bryant, Violet Grohl, Ben Cote and more.

No cause of death is mentioned, and the image posted by Slash "requests that social media speculation be kept to a minimum" as the family grieves.

https://www.today.com/parents/celebrity/slash-stepdaughter-died-rcna163092
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Tue Jul 23, 2024 11:11 am

Los Angeles Times:

Slash announces death of Lucy-Bleu Knight, daughter of girlfriend Meegan Hodges

By Nardine Saad
Staff Writer

Guns N’ Roses guitarist Slash confirmed Sunday that his girlfriend’s daughter, Lucy-Bleu Knight, has died at 25.

The Grammy-winning rocker, whose real name is Saul Hudson, announced the death on Instagram in a statement that said Knight died last week. His partner Meegan Hodges — Knight’s mother — posted an identical statement on her account and requested a limit to speculation about her daughter’s death.

“Lucy-Bleu Knight (December 6, 1998), beloved daughter of Meegan Hodges and Mark Knight, stepdaughter of Samantha Somers Knight and Slash, sister of Scarlet Knight, stepsister of London and Cash Hudson passed peacefully in Los Angeles, CA on July 19, 2024,” the statement read.

“Lucy-Bleu was a talented artist, a passionate dreamer, and a charming, lovable, sweet soul,” the statement said. “The family asks for privacy at this time and requests that social media speculation be kept to a minimum as they grieve and process this devastating loss.”

Knight died Friday at a private residence in Los Angeles, according to records from the Los Angeles County medical examiner’s office. No manner or cause of death have yet been determined, but an exam has been scheduled.

Hours after the family posted about Knight’s death, a cryptic post went up on her Instagram account that led many to believe she had scheduled it to be published before her death, fueling speculation in the missive’s comment section.

“Whether I made you feel excluded, manipulated/ controlled you, told you to quit your day job from the comfort of being financially supported by my parents, or drowned real issues in toxic positivity - I am sorry,” the post said. “Countless missed opportunities and connections due to a disgustingly big ego, insecure heart and fear of being vulnerable. May my soul learn to evolve from my poor job at being Lucy-Bleu. Peace.”

Slash, 58, shares 21-year-old London and 20-year-old Cash with ex-wife Perla Ferrar. The heavy-metal musician and Hodges dated in the late 1980s and reportedly rekindled their romance after he filed for divorce in 2014. (He and Ferrar finalized their split in 2018.)

London Hudson, who is also a musician, reposted the family statement Monday, as well as an illustration of Knight with angel wings, on his Instagram story: “Rest In Paradise Lucy,” he wrote.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/music/story/2024-07-22/slash-lucy-bleu-knight-dead-meegan-hodges
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down