APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2024.08.15 - WSMV4 Nashville - From Guns and Roses to the Blues, Slash brings a new sound to the Midstate

Go down

2024.08.15 - WSMV4 Nashville - From Guns and Roses to the Blues, Slash brings a new sound to the Midstate Empty 2024.08.15 - WSMV4 Nashville - From Guns and Roses to the Blues, Slash brings a new sound to the Midstate

Post by Blackstar Thu Aug 15, 2024 4:20 pm

From Guns and Roses to the Blues, Slash brings a new sound to the Midstate
Country, rock stars help Slash make his debut blues album.

By Marius Payton

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WSMV) -Known for his iconic guitar riffs and the legendary black top hat, former Guns and Roses lead guitarist Slash now has a new sound, a new look and a new band.

Recently, I sat down with Slash to chat about his chart-topping blues album and headlining his S.E.R.P.E.N.T. Festival coming to Franklin on Wednesday night.

When your name is Slash and you want other rock stars to help with your very first blues album, they come running. From Demi Lovato, to Steven Tyler.

“You know when I decided I wanted to have all of these guest singers. There are some people that I know professionally over the years that I called.” Slash said.

But there was one person that he called who he didn’t know, who was a “must-have” on the record - country music star Chris Stapleton.

“So it turns out he was a fan so that really helped,” Slash said with a chuckle. “But he was super gracious, and he went out of his way during his busy schedule because he had a bunch of stuff going on to make the time to do it and I am so appreciative of that.”

There are many languages to music and at the crossroads of blues and country, there are distinct stylistic differences. But beneath the surface there are many similarities which made this album work.

“Funny enough they are almost, in a way, one in the same. Because they are very much music of the people, and telling honest stories about people’s daily lives and what not,” he said.

“Orgy of the Damned” is the sixth solo album for the 59-year-old musician. He’s staying busy by doing what he does best, like a recent private concert in Nashville earlier this summer at the Gibson Garage. He is also headlining his own music festival called the S.E.R.P.E.N.T. Festival.

“The festival is great because I get to do what I’m doing and I get to play with all these other really great blues artists, very diverse blues artists,” Slash said. “It’s me doing it, so it’s a little harder edge than your average blues artists but very much rooted in the traditional blues trappings.”

From the blues album to the music festival, it’s been a challenge.

But the one constant that’s never changed in his quest to be the best, is the music.

“I like playing. That drives me. So, any opportunity I can get to go out and play or record or whatever it is, I’m there,” Slash said.

The S.E.R.P.E.N.T. Festival is now touring the country. Joining Slash on stage Keb Mo and Kingfish Ingram, some of the best at what they do.

https://www.wsmv.com/2024/08/15/guns-roses-blues-slash-brings-new-sound-midstate/

Last edited by Blackstar on Thu Aug 15, 2024 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90779

Back to top Go down

2024.08.15 - WSMV4 Nashville - From Guns and Roses to the Blues, Slash brings a new sound to the Midstate Empty Re: 2024.08.15 - WSMV4 Nashville - From Guns and Roses to the Blues, Slash brings a new sound to the Midstate

Post by Blackstar Thu Aug 15, 2024 4:21 pm

The article is a transcription of the video feature/interview.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90779

Back to top Go down