APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Axl Rose

+2
puddledumpling
Soulmonster
6 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Axl Rose - Page 2 Empty Re: Axl Rose

Post by Soulmonster Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:54 am

Axl Rose - Page 2 LargeZD7G8xmEGhptDNHT3VRHAaossee8m7U3plL4sIWoJKc
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76710

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:37 am

Axl Rose - Page 2 LargefacxbBF0UwDc7XK57MNT1F1VCIfrlXtBnjtheUyDhfQ

Axl Rose - Page 2 LargegyIS4yb703QhY2GsMiOGMZaauebgQhL94Luiaf2aYME

Axl Rose - Page 2 Large8XDeATTL76xdgG0VU3nG1RK3ZqUfv1ryDkLYVaRUE5s
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:38 am

Axl Rose - Page 2 LargeauJXxUo8gEDvgeClzqgMxRIYMhbGfE7JL0kAAAA4aUY

Axl Rose - Page 2 LargeJodPg8kOWMrd_-wY8T5Xeqpy4qm1GTZ9acVYrzhEmFo

Axl Rose - Page 2 LargeN9jfCrUZIOAgFuYXoe_OVxX4OcKJaxYpIOip5FqSkhU
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:17 pm

Axl Rose - Page 2 LargeMb3MFxj0aRL-4kkil8fdROhlOdOhFx97RZU4eJPAtnE
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:16 pm

Axl Rose - Page 2 7572_10151536184958069_1837841331_n
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed May 01, 2013 10:54 am

From the New York Post:

It was a long night out for some of the city’s biggest A-listers, who seem to be forming a modern-day Rat Pack. Leonardo DiCaprio was spotted hanging out with Axl Rose at Catch Roof on Monday at a table along with Tobey Maguire, Jonah Hill and Michael K. Williams. “They were seated at a VIP table surrounded by tons of security,” says a spy. “They looked like a modern-day Rat Pack.” Earlier, another witness saw Rose enjoying dinner at the eatery with “a harem of ladies,” and was overheard discussing plans to, somewhat alarmingly, “buy a tiger.” After midnight, some members of the group, including Maguire and Hill, headed to Avenue, where Ray Liotta, Danny Abeckaser and a number of the cast from “The Iceman” came for the after-after- party for the film’s screening. Also at the Chelsea club were Kid Cudi and Jamie Foxx, who a spy says, “was dancing like Michael Jackson to DJ Ross One.” Another spy said Maguire and Hill, who requested hip-hop songs from the DJ all night, “had Jamie rapping along.”
Source: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/leo_axl_make_new_rat_pack_9ds39lSg3BlXUdKWnM7DUN
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Wed May 01, 2013 11:05 am

This article claims Axl wants to buy himself a house or appartment in New York!
http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/axl_eyes_ny_buy_7mPAAGIsDhEMUWcYlOnvJM?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=Page%20Six

Axl Rose could soon be coming to a neighborhood near you. The Guns N’ Roses frontman, who previously rented a place in TriBeCa, is thinking of buying a home in Manhattan, according to an insider who says Rose “likes the people here” and has been looking at downtown pads. The “Welcome to the Jungle” singer and one-time rock wild man was seen out in town at Electric Room and No. 8 on Friday, and then having a calm dinner at Cherry at the Dream Downtown on Sunday. A rep for Rose, who owns a 2.3-acre spread and mansion in Malibu overlooking the Pacific Ocean, confirmed to Page Six that Rose is looking for something more permanent in the city.
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9476

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Sun May 12, 2013 11:03 am

Axl & Dj watching the Rolling Stones live in Las Vegas!
http://paradisecity.com/post/518f3a5dda8af9593e000042

Axl Rose - Page 2 752227491_700
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun May 12, 2013 11:05 am

It's great to see the man out and about. The dark days are hopefully over.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon May 13, 2013 10:18 am

From the restaurant Hakkasan in Las Vegas:

Axl Rose - Page 2 Al1cmc
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Axl Rose - Page 2 Empty Fan-made video for 1993 performance of the song Everything by Eric Carmen

Post by puddledumpling Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:05 am

puddledumpling
puddledumpling

Plectra : 6697

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:12 am

Just some trivia: Axl sung part of that song as an intro to 'November Rain' at the Eastern Creek Raceway show in Sydney, Australia, on January 30, 1993. It was only done once.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by puddledumpling Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:33 pm

And it has come back to haunt him. He's got a future as a crooner I say.
puddledumpling
puddledumpling

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:02 am

It wouldn't be an awful career decision.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:01 pm

The fourth post with quotes has been started, with a great quote from Tommy Very Happy
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by puddledumpling Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:02 pm

Soulmonster wrote:The fourth post with quotes has been started, with a great quote from Tommy Very Happy
Agreed - that whole interview with Tommy came across very genuine and quotes from the other members of this GNR carry the most weight and contradict the alleged persona of Axl that mainstream music journalism hangs its disreputable hat on. Nevermind the F-bombs.

Last edited by puddledumpling on Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
puddledumpling
puddledumpling

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:10 pm

Axl Rose - Page 2 Juju
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:28 am

Happy National Tequila Day! Here Axl serves up some Canadian fans!

What's your favorite brand/kind of Tequila and why - the bottle, the name, the taste?
http://paradisecity.com/post/51f07147aac9b7b047000091
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:14 pm

Uli wrote:This article claims Axl wants to buy himself a house or appartment in New York!

Apparently he didn't, but he rented an apartment and never moved in!  Mini shock  
Very funny to read, this article:
"What Happened When Axl Rose Rented My Apartment"
By Steve Fishman

http://tinyurl.com/k5z7f7c

Axl Rose is the best tenant ever.

Three years ago, the legendary rocker was looking for a New York apartment to rent. He thought it might be time to move from Malibu and wanted to test out New York.
Axl was searching for a place without “glaring” sunlight but with lots of space, and I had both — my place is 5,300 square feet and almost entirely underground. It’s in Tribeca, which — another benefit for him — is celebrity-friendly these days: His neighbors would be James Bond (Daniel Craig) and Jon Stewart (as well as a "gentleman’s" club next door). Axl came by to see the apartment twice. Once my wife was there, and she reported that he played enthusiastically with our dog and snorted at people who like spaces "bathed in light," as the Realtors say. He loved the place.

Of course, I was worried. Axl, after all, had a reputation for wrecking places. There is, for instance, this headline from 2008: "Guns N' Roses' Axl Rose one of world's worst hotel guests." But he was said to have reformed as he aged. By the time he inspected my apartment, he was almost 50 years old and getting the belly to prove it. He’d apparently developed a respect for property rights — those of others included.

Plus, he agreed to pay an extraordinary rent and, well, I needed the money. Just in case, he offered six months’ rent as a security deposit.

Axl was in a hurry to get into the place, we were told, and so we quickly decamped to Brooklyn. Then came move-in day. And then it went. So did a second and a third date. Still Axl didn’t move in. (This pattern may be familiar to fans who waited for the Guns ‘n’ Roses album Chinese Democracy.)

My family and I followed Axl’s travels via Google alerts — he was touring in Abu Dhabi and playing a birthday party in Russia. We were repeatedly told by his very nice assistants, a mother and son team, that he was definitely planning a move to New York, which we were informed he’d fallen in love with. (He might even want to buy our place.) This attachment was good news, since as the one-year mark approached, it was time to renew his lease. He still hadn’t set foot in the apartment. We learned that he had been to New York, though, renting a roomy suite at a fancy hotel with a balcony and, well, lots of light. Still, he renewed — this time at an increased rent.

As far as I can tell, Axl never set foot in my place after his initial viewings. I wondered if he remembered that he’d rented it. Maybe a superstar lives this way — renting apartments just in case, and then forgetting about them. Still, the rent checks kept coming, which is all I cared about. When it came time to renew for a third year, negotiations began, but then rationality — his management’s — prevailed. Axl's ghost rental ended in the beginning of 2013, at the two-year mark.

People have mixed views of Axl Rose, but as a landlord, I loved him. If he ever needs a recommendation, I’ll happily write: Quiet, undemanding, and pays his rent.

Pure genius.  XD
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:55 am

Axl chimes in on a Danish zoo killing a giraffe they had no need for and feeding it to their lions:

And then in a twitlonger:

But seriously, let me get this straight... The Danes killed a 2yr old baby giraffe, chopped it up n' fed him to the lions (allegedly in front of kids) to avoid inbreeding rather than find a place for it. Maybe this is a big problem over there I don't know but I'm not getting how this deters siblings n' various other assorted Danish family members from fuckin' each other?! J/k Smile☺️

I have no idea what he talks about at the end. Probably a joke I didn't get.

Funny thing how active Axl has suddenly become on the net. Both commenting on Red Hot Chili Peppers, the giraffe being killed, thanking fans.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:28 am

Soulmonster wrote:I have no idea what he talks about at the end. Probably a joke I didn't get.

I think he's joking on how about avoiding "inbreeding" among humans in Denmark...  Wink 

Soulmonster wrote:Funny thing how active Axl has suddenly become on the net. Both commenting on Red Hot Chili Peppers, the giraffe being killed, thanking fans.

Yeah, for a minute you could think there'd be a tour coming up. Oh, hang on a minute, there is!  Very Happy 
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:31 am

Very Happy You so cynical!
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:56 pm

I know, I'm a terrible cynic...  Embarassed 
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:20 pm

Axl is not finished talking about the giraffe:

Imagine if he could be this vocal about his future plans Mini shock 
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:03 pm

For sure, no one can now complain he won't talk to his fan base  Hay 
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:08 pm

Axl must have a Danish girlfriend who helped him write that Danish sentence....

And later:

Last edited by Soulmonster on Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:43 am

Axl explains:

Over the past week I've put out a few intentionally sarcastic tweets in response and calling attention to the killing of an 18 month old baby male giraffe named Marius by the Copenhagen Zoo in Denmark.

And in that regard I think that without more information or a better understanding of not just how this particular breeding program works or why it's believed to be necessary and seemingly without room for exception or public opinion... to the average person it would seem that...

1.) Marius could have been spared and was a waste of a healthy young animal's life.

2.) The manner in which he was if not euthanized then disposed of seemed particularly barbaric, unnecessary and a vulgar or grotesque display of inconsideration and complete disregard for public sentiments adding a level of morbid spectacle and horrendousness difficult for most to comprehend by doing so not just in front of but for what seems some misguided or twisted sense of educational purposes for children.

and...

3.) The seemingly cold and clinical responses and attitudes regarding this unfortunate event by those involved appearing to be somewhat defiant, arrogant and even seeming somewhat perversely satisfied with themselves and their actions going as far as to express "pride" in their decisions comes off as completely heartless in regard to the animals and seems extremely disrespectful toward the general public on this issue.

Perhaps their comments were taken out of context? Perhaps there's something lost in translation? I don't know that anyone is trying to say or act in this situation as if they truly know more than these particular or any professional animal caretakers or zoologists etc. but I do know that at present plenty of lay people worldwide do not understand or approve of what took place here. And again without more information and better understanding of the breeding program and why this was deemed the appropriate course of action this event seems misguided and a crime against the very nature those in such positions are thought to be involved with as protectors and caretakers of such animals.

One can attempt to justify these choices as those taking into consideration a bigger picture scientifically but in my view there seems to be more than one perspective to that picture and it would appear that adherence to such a rigid or strict nature of such clinical focus may be disregarding the public impact of their actions.

For most normal everyday people that love, care about and enjoy animals this event has been a tragedy. An unexpected, unimaginable and what for many is most devastating a seemingly avoidable horror show that somehow seems lost on the professionals involved and those speaking for the zoo a facility that's in my opinion thought to exist for the animals, the public, educational purposes and science in as best a sense of harmony as possible. Just as it's a privilege for the public to visit, view and experience these animals it's also a privilege to work with and care for the animals and have the opportunity to do so while interacting and/or working with the public.

Unfortunately somehow in this instance all or much of that seems to have been forgotten.

Axl
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:49 am

I really appreciate Axl's thoughts for the wellfare of animals in captivity. This is a compassionate side of him he certainly could display more often. That being said, I have no real problems with zoo's having to cull breeding surplus in those cases where no other zoo's want them. The problem here is the public attention it got, because zoo's do this all the time. Of course it would have been better if the giraffes had been prevented from breeding, and controlled reproduction is something every zoo attempts to achieve so they won't have to dispose -- in different ways, including shipment to other zoo's and killing -- of animals they just can't keep themselves.

Now, can we talk about forthcoming music, Axl?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue May 20, 2014 8:58 am

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder