APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Axl and Slash featured on Michael Schenker's UFO tribute album (to be released Sept. 20th)

3 posters

Go down

Axl and Slash featured on Michael Schenker's UFO tribute album (to be released Sept. 20th) Empty Axl and Slash featured on Michael Schenker's UFO tribute album (to be released Sept. 20th)

Post by Blackstar Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:38 pm

About a year ago, Michael Schenker's producer, Michael Voss, shared pictures of Axl and Slash from separate studio sessions:

Eddie Trunk said that it was for a tribute album to one of his favourite bands. It wasn't hard to combine the dots and guess it was for a U.F.O. tribute album (since Schenker has been part of that band). And a bit later, Vanessa (Axl's assistant) randomly shared this U.F.O. song on her IG story:

And now there's finally a release announcement for Sept. 20th, 2024, and Axl is indeed featured on the cover version of Love To Love, whereas Slash is featured on Mother Mary:

Michael Schenker Calls On Heavy Friends To Celebrate UFO

It’s been fifty years since UFO issued “Phenomenon” and the world came to know their new guitarist, Michael Schenker, who stayed with the ensemble until 1978 and left his mark on four classic studio albums and one concert offering. Of course, he would be back for a few more stints further down the line, yet none of those later releases could compare to the material laid out on the likes of “No Heavy Petting” – to name but one another platter. And it’s the original run of gems that the Teuton axeman celebrates on a record which will be out on September 20th.

Simply titled “My Years With UFO” – which might mislead some listeners and suggest it’s just a compilations of old tracks – the eleven-piece album finds Schenker play crowd favorites in the company of stellar guests, including Roger Glover and Biff Byford, Axl Rose and Slash, Dee Snider and Adrian Vandenberg alongside artists associated with RAINBOW, WHITESNAKE and EUROPE. Feels alluring to say the least.

MICHAEL SCHENKER –
My Years With UFO

1. Natural Thing – feat. Dee Snider and Joel Hoekstra
2. Only You Can Rock Me – feat. Joey Tempest and Roger Glover
3. Doctor, Doctor – feat. Joe Lynn Turner and Carmine Appice
4. Mother Mary – feat. Slash and Erik Grönwall
5. This Kid’s – feat. Biff Byford
6. Love To Love – feat. Axl Rose
7. Lights Out – feat. Jeff Scott Soto and John Norum
8. Rock Bottom – feat. Kai Hansen
9. Too Hot To Handle – feat. Joe Lynn Turner, Adrian Vandenberg and Carmine Appice
10. Let It Roll – feat. Michael Voss
11. Shoot, Shoot – feat. Stephen Pearcy

https://dmme.net/michael-schenker-calls-on-heavy-friends-to-celebrate-ufo/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90107

Soulmonster, ludurigan and ilomilo like this post

Back to top Go down

Axl and Slash featured on Michael Schenker's UFO tribute album (to be released Sept. 20th) Empty Re: Axl and Slash featured on Michael Schenker's UFO tribute album (to be released Sept. 20th)

Post by Blackstar Wed Jun 19, 2024 12:57 pm

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90107

ludurigan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Axl and Slash featured on Michael Schenker's UFO tribute album (to be released Sept. 20th) Empty Re: Axl and Slash featured on Michael Schenker's UFO tribute album (to be released Sept. 20th)

Post by Soulmonster Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:51 pm

Really looking forward to hearing Axl's vocals. I think I will be really happy.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76867

ludurigan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Sat Jun 22, 2024 5:26 am

Thanks for sharing the Slash track! Too bad these "generic" singers are just disheartening. And the song also has a very "generic" production. Boring! Hopefully the Axl song will be much better!
ludurigan
ludurigan

Plectra : 5622

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down