APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2023.12.16 - Heavy Music - Duff McKagan on Lighthouse, Guns N' Roses, Slash, Jerry Cantrell, Beautiful Disease

Go down

2023.12.16 - Heavy Music - Duff McKagan on Lighthouse, Guns N' Roses, Slash, Jerry Cantrell, Beautiful Disease Empty 2023.12.16 - Heavy Music - Duff McKagan on Lighthouse, Guns N' Roses, Slash, Jerry Cantrell, Beautiful Disease

Post by Blackstar Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:41 am

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87782

Back to top Go down

2023.12.16 - Heavy Music - Duff McKagan on Lighthouse, Guns N' Roses, Slash, Jerry Cantrell, Beautiful Disease Empty Re: 2023.12.16 - Heavy Music - Duff McKagan on Lighthouse, Guns N' Roses, Slash, Jerry Cantrell, Beautiful Disease

Post by Blackstar Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:54 am

Excerpts from Blabbermouth:
------------------------------------

In a new interview with Heavy Music, Duff McKagan was asked about Guns N' Roses' insistence on playing marathon sets that usually last at least a full hour longer than those of most other bands. The GN'R bassist said (as transcribed by Blabbermouth.net):

"Axl, man, Axl loves… I think it's… Goddamn it's, like, what songs do you take out, if you wanted to play shorter? Don't get me wrong — my body would love it if we only played two and a half hours. Most bands play two hours, two hours and 10 minutes or something, and we're playing three [hours and] 30 [minutes]. I'd love to play shorter because I'd be in less pain the next day. But there's just too many songs, and people stay for the whole thing. Nobody leaves, so it's, like, okay, they must be enjoying this. We'll whip out 'Coma' or 'Locomotive'. We're whipping out other songs. I really love playing them. 'Bad Obsession', 'Pretty Tied Up'. So great. We'll play it all. 'Reckless [Life]' and 'Shadow [Of Your Love]'. And I'm looking at Axl, and I'm, like, 'Yeah, you sure, man? 'Cause we've gotta play again in a couple nights.' But he's a monster, man, that guy, Axl, like his longevity. We've had to cancel only one show because of vocals, because you get a swelling — no wonder — swelling on one of his sides. And he'll still wanna play the show, and the doctor will be, like, 'You could ruin your voice forever.' We canceled one [gig] in Glasgow a couple of years ago. We made it up."

https://blabbermouth.net/news/duff-mckagan-defends-guns-n-roses-three-and-a-half-hour-live-performances-what-songs-do-you-take-out
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87782

Back to top Go down