APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2023.12.08 - METALXS - Interview with Duff

Go down

2023.12.08 - METALXS - Interview with Duff Empty 2023.12.08 - METALXS - Interview with Duff

Post by Blackstar Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:31 pm

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87782

Back to top Go down

2023.12.08 - METALXS - Interview with Duff Empty Re: 2023.12.08 - METALXS - Interview with Duff

Post by Blackstar Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:33 pm

Excerpts from Blabbermouth:
-----------------------------------

In a new interview with Riff X's "Metal XS", Duff McKagan spoke about his relationship with his longtime Guns N' Roses and Velvet Revolver bandmate Slash. He said (as transcribed by Blabbermouth.net): "My buddy just happens to be fucking Slash — the most amazing guitar player on the planet.

"We just have a — I think it's a great relationship. We've been through… Imagine the things we've seen together and what we've been through. And there is a kind of a survivors brotherhood in there too, I think. We looked down to the darkest pits together and went there. We didn't just look at it; we went and explored.

"I still marvel like nightly playing with him because never plays a song or a solo the same every night, any night, any given night," he continued. "It's always different, always something I'm, like, 'Dude, where did you come up with that in the last 48 hours? We just played two nights ago. Now you're playing some completely different theme and they're all cool.' And so I really respect him. And I learned a lot as a guitar player myself, just watching him, watching chord choices. If you sometimes see me looking at his fretboard, if you see Guns N' Roses live, I'm learning some chords. Like, 'Oh, that's interesting. What is that?' So I keep doing that. And that comes from where we were 19, 20 years old, like, 'Oh, what is those chords?' So some things just never change."

McKagan added: "He's a radical fucking dude. And I can't say enough about him."

https://blabbermouth.net/news/duff-mckagan-slash-is-the-most-amazing-guitar-player-on-the-planet
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87782

Back to top Go down