APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Tommy to play solo concert on November 14 together with Richard, Dizzy and Frank

Go down

Tommy to play solo concert on November 14 together with Richard, Dizzy and Frank Empty Tommy to play solo concert on November 14 together with Richard, Dizzy and Frank

Post by Soulmonster Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:12 pm

His solo outings, Soul Asylum work and Replacements legacy have always sort of blended and co-existed happily under the unifying backdrop of Minneapolis. Conversely, Tommy Stinson's ongoing stint in the Los Angeles-based Guns N' Roses has always seemed like a whole other world -- geographically, musically, aesthetically and probably monetarily, too.

For the first time in his 12 years with Axl Rose, though, Stinson will play a solo gig on an off night from a GNR tour on Monday at the Fine Line (8 p.m. $15).

"As long as I make it to the [GNR] gig in Chicago the following night, everything's cool," said the bassist, who booked the show to promote both his new solo album and his continuing charity work in Haiti. Money will go to the Timkatec School, where he also donated $45,000 from an online auction last year.

Titled "One Man Mutiny," his new record follows the Faces-meets-Replacements mold of his other post-'Mats work, but with some bluesy and Americana touches thrown in alongside older, wearier lyrics. Stinson did not know whether GNR would tour this fall when he set the record's August release date. So, he said, "I had to roll with it and figure out a way to keep up the momentum on my own record."

Last week he was still trying to figure out who his band mates would be for the Fine Line show, but it has since been announced that fellow GNR members Dizzy Reed, Richard Fortus and Frank Ferrer will join him (Reed and Fortus also contributed to the record).

"At the very least, I'll be there," Stinson quipped. And even just that is no small feat.

Source: http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/133635823.html
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76698

Back to top Go down