APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Tommy's tweet hacked?

2 posters

Go down

Tommy's tweet hacked? Empty Tommy's tweet hacked?

Post by Soulmonster Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:11 pm

Tommy's tweet hacked? TS_album_normal

tommy_stinson If i were to quit GNR i'd do it in a much more dignified way. really now people 5 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

tommy_stinson Wow there are some nasty peeps out there i twwet world. 8 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

tommy_stinson No i am not quitting GNR someone just hacked my account thats all 8 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

tommy_stinson oopsy. my 3 year old got her little paws on my computer. ignore the the last 12 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

tommy_stinson I regretfully have to tell you guys my time with Gn'R is at an end. I had a blast!! 13 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

tommy_stinson I christened my new book with a vodka soda enroute to LA. yesterday. A great read. With a vodka soda of course. http://t.co/dBIvx6d 14 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

What a weird succession of tweets. I mean, first he definitely tweets himself (with the book picture, then someone hacks his account immediately thereafter, and then he regains control of it minutes after that again? And is he really trying to blame his three year old for the quitting tweet? Then his 3 year old is extremely talented at writing.

Weird, weird stuff. Reminds me of Axl cancelling the tour last year, supposedly also someone hacking his twitter account...
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76983

Back to top Go down

Tommy's tweet hacked? Empty Re: Tommy's tweet hacked?

Post by Soulmonster Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:21 pm

Follow-up:

tommy_stinson Fully dedicated to GNR and all you great fans! 4 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by seely Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:20 pm

I see your point, but then the fact he denied it almost immediately afterwards, meh who knows. He hasn't quit, that's the main thing.

GN'R's new tweet:

gunsnroses HEADS UP GNR Fans! @tommy_stinson 's Twitter account was hacked earlier... be sure to protect those passwords and change them often!

Last edited by seely on Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
seely
seely

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 5296

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:22 pm

seely wrote:He hasn't quit, that's the main thing.

Yep! Tommy's tweet hacked? 312421802
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by seely Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:24 pm

I replied to his (and GN'R's) tweet, but no reply back Tommy's tweet hacked? 78492
seely
seely

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 5296

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:30 pm

Here's what is nubbing me: If someone had succeeded at hacking into Tommy's twitter account, why would they wait with posting something damaging till just after Tommy had posted something himself (the tweet with his own picture must be from himself)? Of course, if they are devious they would wait until just that moment so people would believe that fake tweet was real, but still, by doing it this way Tommy would probably quickly see the fake tweet and be in position to deny it. It would probably be better to wait till a time when Tommy was not active on twitter and then post the damaging tweet. And if the hackers had no thought about coordinating their tweet, what are the chances they would incidentally tweet just seconds after Tommy tweeted himself? Pretty slim.

So what am I saying? I dunno Wink. It just seems a bit far-fetched that his account was hacked. Maybe he was typing that tweet as a joke and his daughter accidentally published it?

But again, it doesn't matter much since he quickly denied the twitter and very much confirmed he is in the band.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:16 am

tommy_stinson Don't appreciate being hacked. Whoever u are, I hope you are happy with yourself. 5 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

tommy_stinson What a crazy night! 5 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

tommy_stinson Even if I did want to leave (which I don't!!!!) now would deffo not be the time. Exciting stuff ahead! 5 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down