APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Duff releases cover of "Heroes" and new original song

2 posters

Go down

Duff releases cover of "Heroes" and new original song Empty Duff releases cover of "Heroes" and new original song

Post by Blackstar Yesterday at 4:49 am

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90923

Back to top Go down

Duff releases cover of "Heroes" and new original song Empty Re: Duff releases cover of "Heroes" and new original song

Post by Soulmonster Yesterday at 8:49 am

What do you think, @Blackstar? You are a resident Bowie fan.

I liked both songs. He sings better on Heroes, probably because he reins in his voice a bit to emulate Bowie. The second song is okay, catchy, but I will probably tire of it very quickly.

Duff is becoming a really good musician.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 77035

Back to top Go down

Duff releases cover of "Heroes" and new original song Empty Re: Duff releases cover of "Heroes" and new original song

Post by Blackstar Yesterday at 12:30 pm

Soulmonster wrote:What do you think, @Blackstar? You are a resident Bowie fan.

I liked both songs. He sings better on Heroes, probably because he reins in his voice a bit to emulate Bowie. The second song is okay, catchy, but I will probably tire of it very quickly.

I think his cover of Heroes is nice. Yeah, his singing channels Bowie (at least tries to).

The other song is average, imo. Not as good as a few of the songs on his last two solo albums (I prefer the direction he went to in those albums, as well) or some of the songs on his old Loaded albums.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90923

Soulmonster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Yesterday at 12:36 pm

Blackstar wrote:
Soulmonster wrote:What do you think, @Blackstar? You are a resident Bowie fan.

I think his cover of Heroes is nice. Yeah, his singing channels Bowie (at least tries to).

The other song is average, imo. Not as good as a few of the songs on his last two solo albums (I prefer the direction he went to in those albums, as well) or some of the songs on his old Loaded albums.

Yeah, I agree on the direction. He is reinventing himself and demonstrating that he is a well-rounded, good musician and song-writing.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 77035

Blackstar likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down