APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2024.09.06 - Reverb - Slash on Choosing Guitars That Aren't Les Pauls

Go down

2024.09.06 - Reverb - Slash on Choosing Guitars That Aren't Les Pauls Empty 2024.09.06 - Reverb - Slash on Choosing Guitars That Aren't Les Pauls

Post by Blackstar Sat Sep 07, 2024 12:18 pm

Part 2, released Sept. 13:

Last edited by Blackstar on Fri Sep 13, 2024 11:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90781

Back to top Go down

2024.09.06 - Reverb - Slash on Choosing Guitars That Aren't Les Pauls Empty Re: 2024.09.06 - Reverb - Slash on Choosing Guitars That Aren't Les Pauls

Post by Blackstar Sat Sep 07, 2024 12:19 pm

Excerpts from BraveWords:

Reverb caught up with guitar hero, Slash, on his most recent tour stop in Chicago in support of his latest record, Orgy Of The Damned. Slash sat down with Reverb after his soundcheck to show off some of the great pieces in his rig and talk about his gear philosophy.

"I'm an addict—I buy guitars because I love guitars," Slash said. But as a collector, it's not all about the vintage, museum-worthy pieces. Slash sees guitars for what they fundamentally are: tools to be played and used. "I honestly believe that you can get an excellent, as good as you're ever gonna need, new guitar that doesn't cost an arm and a leg."

Still, Slash's collection features a good deal of vintage guitars that speak to him for one reason or another. Maybe it's the neck, or the way that they manage to sound just right for what you need the second you pick them up. His vintage Gibson ES-335 from Norm's in LA is a great example of that, serving as a major player throughout his latest record as it had the perfect warmth for the rawer and more down to earth approach of Orgy Of The Damned.

Slash also showed off several Gibson Firebird models that he was inspired to try due to how often fellow guitar legend Johnny Winter used them. These models have also become more recent staples in his live show, opening the potential of his sound to tonal areas that weren't on the radar of rock 'n' roll players coming up in the '80s.

https://bravewords.com/news/slash-shows-off-his-touring-rig-talks-gear-philosophy-i-m-an-addict-i-buy-guitars-because-i-love-guitars-video
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

2024.09.06 - Reverb - Slash on Choosing Guitars That Aren't Les Pauls Empty Re: 2024.09.06 - Reverb - Slash on Choosing Guitars That Aren't Les Pauls

Post by Blackstar Tue Sep 10, 2024 12:12 am

More excerpts from Music Radar:

Slash’s guitar collection is so epic that Gibson made a feature-length YouTube documentary about it and then published a book on it, but while the Guns N’ Roses guitarist admits to being “an addict” when it comes to the electric guitar, he argues that you don’t need to spend crazy money to get the only guitar you’ll ever need.

Indeed, in an interview with Reverb, in which he shares his philosophy for buying guitars, he says you only really need one good one and you are set for life.

And while you should expect to pay a certain premium for quality, he cautions against throwing cash at an instrument just because of the name on the headstock, or the year it was made.

“Spending too much money for something is just absolutely not worth it,” he says. “There is a line there that you cross where you are just spending money for the sake of the name or the label, or whatever it is. So I figured you have to spend a little bit of money for quality. But you don’t have to spend exorbitant amounts of money for it.”

https://www.musicradar.com/artists/there-is-a-line-there-that-you-cross-where-you-are-just-spending-money-for-the-sake-of-the-name-or-the-label-slash-says-you-dont-need-to-spend-an-arm-and-a-leg-to-get-a-guitar-thats-as-good-as-youll-ever-need
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Fri Sep 13, 2024 11:03 pm

Added part 2 of the interview.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Soulmonster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down