APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2024.05.18 - RTL Les Nocturnes - Interview with Slash

Go down

2024.05.18 - RTL Les Nocturnes - Interview with Slash Empty 2024.05.18 - RTL Les Nocturnes - Interview with Slash

Post by Blackstar Fri May 24, 2024 2:28 am

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90129

Back to top Go down

2024.05.18 - RTL Les Nocturnes - Interview with Slash Empty Re: 2024.05.18 - RTL Les Nocturnes - Interview with Slash

Post by Blackstar Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:09 pm

Excerpts from Blabbermouth:

In a new interview with France's RTL, Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash, who is promoting his new blues album, "Orgy Of The Damned", spoke about British blues music, which emerged in the 1960s as a distinct genre that combined traditional American blues with elements of rock and roll. He said (as transcribed by Blabbermouth.net): "I think the British discovery of the American blues and their take on it really reinvented the blues altogether because that became very popular. I don't really think about it. I just think about it in terms of it's just music. Even the label, the blues, and you start thinking about where that has gone, it's all sort of blues based. Everything in rock and roll very much comes from the blues, but there's a lot of different interpretations of it. So I just consider it just music in general."

Slash went on to say that there are "so many" blues musicians that he was inspired by when he first started playing guitar. "Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, Mick Taylor, Keith Richards, Johnny Winter, Billy Gibbons, these guys were all a huge influence on me and they're all blues musicians," he explained. "But I think it's just because blues is really, really important music in and of itself; there's nothing quite like it. And there's a certain honesty and there's a certain danger and there's a certain sexiness to it that everybody wants to pick up on. But it was interesting that in the in the '60s that the Brits really picked up on it and managed to turn it into a really broad spectrum of blues-based music that covers a lot of different styles and a lot of different flavors and sounds. It's really, really, really cool."

https://blabbermouth.net/news/slash-how-the-brits-reinvented-the-blues
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90129

Back to top Go down