APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2022.02.21 - New & Approved - Interview with Slash

2 posters

Go down

2022.02.21 - New & Approved - Interview with Slash Empty 2022.02.21 - New & Approved - Interview with Slash

Post by Shackler Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:44 am

This week, legendary guitar player Slash joined Matt Pinfield for another episode of New & Approved.
Slash just released a new album with Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators called "4," which can now be purchased or streamed. Slash discusses how the album came to be and how it was affected by the pandemic. He also chats about working with producer Dave Cobb, how he originally met Myles Kennedy, and the chemistry that developed between them.

Although he used to not be a fan of biographies, Slash discussed how he changed his mind when he worked with Anthony Bozza on his own autobiography "Slash." He also tells Matt about his favorite records and how they influenced his career including Aerosmith's "Rocks," The Who's "Who's Next," and Cream's "Disraeli Gears." Slash also speaks about some of the most inspiring moments and shows that have occurred throughout his life, including meeting Motorhead's Lemmy Kilmister.

Slash also explains the meaning and inspiration behind "The River Is Rising" from the new album along with the band's upcoming tour.

Shackler
Shackler

Plectra : 2866

Back to top Go down

2022.02.21 - New & Approved - Interview with Slash Empty Re: 2022.02.21 - New & Approved - Interview with Slash

Post by Blackstar Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:48 pm

Excerpts from Ultimate Guitar:
------------------------------------

Sure, it may feel like a cliché at this point to say that Slash is a legend. But seriously, he's one of the guys who helped define rock and metal music. However, as the old saying goes, we all stand on the shoulders of giants that came before us. And Slash was also influenced by musicians who came before him.

In a recent chat with Matt Pinfield, Slash was asked to name his favorite Black Sabbath record, to which he replied (transcribed by UG):

"The first Sabbath record just had the biggest impact on me. Because, when you think about it, in the landscape of all the other music that was happening at the time, there's this one dark record that comes out that really created what you would consider dark heavy metal and created the path for everything that was to follow. And so yeah, that record is especially poignant."

However, he also added:

"But, you know, I also love the 'Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath' record. I mean, really all those records... But the first one and the 'Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath' record probably had the biggest impact on me.

"Yes, 'Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath.' You know, a lot of people don't quote that one, but it is such a great record with 'Killing Yourself to Live' and "Looking for Today'...

"And the title track, that breakdown towards the end of the song. There's just nothing that's ever come out that's heavier than that. Not one band that I can think of has a riff that is as heavy as 'Sabbath Bloody Sabbath.'"

Further down the conversation, Slash was also asked to name his favorite AC/DC record. He replied:

"Yeah, well, I mean it's two. There's two of my favorite records. One's Bon Scott. That's 'Down Payment Blues'... 'Powerage.' But, I mean, 'Back in Black' was a big deal at the time, because when it came out... They were talking about that period when, in the '80s when 'Back in Black' had come out and it was such a massive record and the songs were so great, and it was a great record from start to finish."

And you had, obviously, Ozzy's ['Blizzard of Ozz'] So you had those records plus there was a Judas Priest record that was great that came out.

"So that that Brian Johnson delivery on that record, and some of those songs are just undisputedly some of the best rock and roll that was ever created. But the 'Powerage' record is probably, hands down, my favorite musical AC/DC record. I think just the rawness of the record and the songs themselves... It's a seminal AC/DC record."

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/slash_says_this_is_the_heaviest_riff_of_all_time_theres_just_nothing_thats_ever_come_out_thats_heavier.html
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90738

Back to top Go down