APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2004.10.DD - GQ Magazine - How I Get My Body (Duff)

Go down

2004.10.DD - GQ Magazine - How I Get My Body (Duff) Empty 2004.10.DD - GQ Magazine - How I Get My Body (Duff)

Post by Blackstar Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:36 am

HOW I GET MY BODY

DUFF MCKAGAN
6'2
160 POUNDS
BASSIST, VELVET REVOLVER

I moved to Hollywood when I was 19; when I was 20, we started Guns N' Roses. By the time of the Use Your Illusion tour, I was drinking a gallon of vodka a day, doing cocaine, any pill I could get my hands on, heroin. And on May 10, 1994, my pancreas exploded.

The pain was like in war movies, where they say, " Kill me. Put me out of my misery." I got out of the hospital, and I started riding my mountain bike; I was shaking so bad I didn't know what to do. The first day I rode for, like, eight hours, I didn't want to be static, or else I would think about drinking."

Then I met Benny the Jet, my sensei. He saved my life, got me kickboxing. It's pretty much the most intense workout there is. I face everything in the ring that you face in life.

Now I work out six days a week - kickboxing, lifting weights with Attila the Hun, this Hungarian guy from our dojo. I'm an extreme person. When I did drugs and drank, I was extreme, and when I go to the gym, it's not just to fuck around. - As Told To Brian Raftery

The Duff McKagan Prescription

The Workout: McKagan always does a circuit that incoporates nine minutes of jumping rope, 120 push-ups and 400 sit-ups. He works to maximize his calories-per-workout.

He'll start by trying to burn 1,000 calories in fifty minutes, and when he achieves that he'll pull down his time to forty minutes.

The Diet: He eats four carbs: His meals often consist of oatmeal with rains for breakfast tuna for lunch and chicken or turkey for dinner.

He still drinks a gallon a day...of water.

2004.10.DD - GQ Magazine - How I Get My Body (Duff) 04100110
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90738

Back to top Go down