APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1989.06.24 - New Musical Express - The Daze of Swine and Roses

2 posters

Go down

1989.06.24 - New Musical Express - The Daze of Swine and Roses Empty 1989.06.24 - New Musical Express - The Daze of Swine and Roses

Post by Soulmonster Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:16 am

1989.06.24 - New Musical Express - The Daze of Swine and Roses 3Rii7kMS1q1xnP6liEwv+20181110_081612

Transcript:

GUNS N' ROSES were at the centre of controversy again this week with reports in the US press that singer AXL ROSE had shot a five pig at a barbecue.

The incident is said to have taken place after Axl attended the premiere of DEPECHE MODE's 101 movie in Hollywood. Axl introduced himself to the band by reciting the lyric's to Depeche's `Somebody' (from the 'Some Great Reward' LP) and declared that he was a big fan of the band.

He took the British technopoppers to the Cat House, his favourite heavy metal club. Later that night Ax1 reportedly went on to a barbecue at a friend's house in Beverley Hills and shot a live pig.

It is not clear whether Depeche were at the barbecue. A spokesman denied that they, were presents Singer Dave Gahan said he'd heard that a cow, not a pig had been done to death.

"As strict vegetarians the band were appalled by his behaviour and do not wish to associate themselves with any who goes round shooting pigs for fun," said a Mode spokesman at Mute Records.

In a recent interview, the G 'N' R mainman confessed: "Few of the people around me have really seen me when I'm out partying, because I like to get very rowdy, very drunk and just have a really reckless time."

Meanwhile, G 'N' R are working on a new album, possibly a double, for release in the autumn and are currently rehearsing in Chicago for a US tour. Having been thrown off a recent big AIDS benefit concert because of allegedly anti gay lyrics, the band are planning their own AIDS fundraising show.

DEPECHE MODE are also finishing their next LP and release a single, 'Personal Jesus' on August 29.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76984

Back to top Go down

1989.06.24 - New Musical Express - The Daze of Swine and Roses Empty Re: 1989.06.24 - New Musical Express - The Daze of Swine and Roses

Post by Soulmonster Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:31 am

I have been trying to figure out when this barbeque took place. It should be possible since it happened when 101 premiered in Hollywood, but I haven't had any luck so far.

Then it would be interesting to try to figure out if the rumor about Axl shooting a pig is true.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

1989.06.24 - New Musical Express - The Daze of Swine and Roses Empty Re: 1989.06.24 - New Musical Express - The Daze of Swine and Roses

Post by Blackstar Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:14 pm

The premiere of the 101 movie in L.A. was on April 28th.
I've read this story about the pig before, but can't locate the original source of it. It seems that it appeared in a U.S. publication in June and NME picked it up from there. I couldn't find anything in the daily newspapers online archive. My guess is it was in a magazine and that's why it was reported in June although the premiere was in April.

There's another story from that premiere in HTGTH:
April, 1989 - Axl goes to the premiere of Depeche Mode 101 in Los Angeles.
At the party afterwards he meets one of the kids from the movie who calls GN'R Guns N' Posers in it.
The kid had been trying to avoid Axl all night but when he was going to the bathroom, Dave Gahan [of Depeche Mode] had somebody he had to meet. It turned out to be Axl.

I can't find the source of this story either.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90738

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:30 pm

That's hilarious Smile
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down