APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Interview: section about sexuality

2 posters

Go down

Interview: section about sexuality Empty Interview: section about sexuality

Post by Starr Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:36 am

Soulmonster,
Any idea when Axl did the interview where he made these comments:
AXL: I couldn't be with someone sexually in a nice way, because I was made to feel like I was doing something wrong - even if it was someone I liked. The only way I could enjoy sex was if I got into being the "bad guy." Finally I grew tired of being the bad guy. I love this person I'm with. Why do I have to always maintain a low level of self-esteem in order to feel alright? I don't feel alright feeling like a piece of shit, and I don't want to be a f?!king piece of shit. Even though it was put into my head years ago, by reading up on abuse and doing the work I'm doing, I've found out that's how it works. It's a real weird thing to have to deal with. You know, I'm grown up now. That was a long time ago. I'm supposed to have gotten past that. Yeah, maybe."
And who is the interviewer, "R.I.P."?
Thanks, whether you do or not...
Starr
Starr

Plectra : 2211

Back to top Go down

Interview: section about sexuality Empty Re: Interview: section about sexuality

Post by Soulmonster Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:23 am

Starr wrote:Soulmonster,
Any idea when Axl did the interview where he made these comments:
AXL: I couldn't be with someone sexually in a nice way, because I was made to feel like I was doing something wrong - even if it was someone I liked. The only way I could enjoy sex was if I got into being the "bad guy." Finally I grew tired of being the bad guy. I love this person I'm with. Why do I have to always maintain a low level of self-esteem in order to feel alright? I don't feel alright feeling like a piece of shit, and I don't want to be a f?!king piece of shit. Even though it was put into my head years ago, by reading up on abuse and doing the work I'm doing, I've found out that's how it works. It's a real weird thing to have to deal with. You know, I'm grown up now. That was a long time ago. I'm supposed to have gotten past that. Yeah, maybe."
And who is the interviewer, "R.I.P."?
Thanks, whether you do or not...

It's from a 1992 interview published in RIP Magazine. So "RIP" is the name of the magazine. The interviewer was Del James, Axl's good friend.

We have the interview in our database, and you can find it here: https://tinyurl.com/yavprxeg

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 77289

Back to top Go down

Interview: section about sexuality Empty Re: Interview: section about sexuality

Post by Starr Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:25 am

Thank you!
Starr
Starr

Plectra : 2211