APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Brooklyn. And other States.

+3
Uli
Soulmonster
FromHell
7 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Brooklyn.  And other States. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brooklyn. And other States.

Post by Blackstar Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:04 am

"Forumland" has discovered the Trademark Office documents since  years.
And it takes much less than two hours - namely, about 10 seconds or 3 clicks and zero bucks to find and access the documents, including this particular one which doesn't reveal anything than what we already know:
http://tsdr.uspto.gov/caseviewer/pdf?caseId=88062803&docIndex=2&searchprefix=sn#docIndex=2

And Slash has another band re: future recordings.

Anyway, I'm not interested in whatever else the thread is supposed to be about or in speculative "facts" about the band interspersed (incoherently) with videos, and I can continue ignoring it as I have for the most part.  But I don't like seeing distasteful digs at other forums, their admins and their members.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90738

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:56 am

I won't play. As I said before, I can continue ignoring this thread. I have better things to do with my time, including the rest of this forum.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:04 pm

Blackstar wrote:"Forumland" has discovered the Trademark Office documents since  years.

Interesting. Cool

Also interesting, why is "Team Brazil" named on the official homepage of the band Guns N'Roses as the official management?

Guns N' Roses is managed by Team Brazil
https://www.gunsnroses.com/

Mini shock
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9596

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:41 pm

I would guess that the band Guns N' Roses is pretty much Axl these days, and he is managed by TB. Slash and Duff has some kind of agreement with the band where they will tour and (hopefully) record and release music, but with their own management. So legally speaking it could be a case of this in reality being "Guns N' Roses featuring Slash and Duff", but from marketing purposes it is probably better to not go into that.

Then there is a partnership where all the three guys are included as partners, but that is to regulate business aspects of the discography etc.

I suppose @Blackbird can fill us in Smile
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76984

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:56 pm

Soulmonster wrote:
[...]

Very Happy
(I could have this username though. I like the song - the Beatles one, I mean, not the shitty one by Myles' band Razz )

I think it's legally a partnership, but, like in the 90s and maybe even earlier, they have no choice but adjust to Axl's "abnormal" way and pace of doing things.
On the other hand, there are some things and situations that have changed since then. For example, Slash has another band, his own band which is a permanent and steady thing, unlike Snakepit and even Velvet Revolver, and with which he can make the music he likes in his own terms and pace - a "painless" band, as he called it recently. And, of course, they all have changed as people.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:13 pm

Blackstar wrote:
I think it's legally a partnership, but, like in the 90s and maybe even earlier, they have no choice but adjust to Axl's "abnormal" way and pace of doing things.

Well, I guess they only agreed to the tour (contracts) if Axl turned up on time - and he did!

In my humble opinion, Axl realised that it's better to have Slash n' Duff on board, not only for the gigs, but to be able to re-release old stuff like the AfD remaster.
My guess it that the 3 "original partners" run things now (together, or they have their managers & lawyers make a deal) - and that's not a bad thing! Cool
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:20 pm

Blackstar wrote:
Soulmonster wrote:
[...]

Very Happy
(I could have this username though. I like the song - the Beatles one, I mean, not the shitty one by Myles' band Razz )

On the other hand, there are some things and situations that have changed since then. For example, Slash has another band, his own band which is a permanent and steady thing, unlike Snakepit and even Velvet Revolver, and with which he can make the music he likes in his own terms and pace - a "painless" band, as he called it recently. And, of course, they all have changed as people.

Ooops! I actually thought something was wrong as I wrote it, yet was too sleepy to figure it out.

Yes, it is a beautiful song. G. Love has a great cover of it, I tried to find it on youtube but it wasn't there. From one of his bootlegs with Special Sauce, I believe.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76984

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:22 pm

Yeah well, what strikes the eye is: Slash is moving into Axl's studio... that might mean Axl is "boss". Wink
But I don't think so. It's just that they both know they'll need each other to make another GN'R album (or single, who knows what they'll be doing)...
Duff obviously got his amp in shape already. XD

So, now all we need to know: is there trouble with UMG/Vivendi? Will they release anything the band deliver? Or will there be need for new negotiations, a new recording contract maybe? Blanco
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:18 pm

FromHell wrote:
Revelation/Mr. Varner manages Slash;
Mr. Klein manages Dough Mounts (and his daughter);
Piano Man manages himself while his live-ins, TeamBully, spend and flaunt y-o-u-r money;

What money? I haven't spent any money for GN'R for what seems like ages (I bought the Vegas dvd years ago - does that still count?)...

Thanks again for all the info and the summary here. My question is: what do you expect us to make out of all this or what should we do with it?

FromHell wrote:Universal Recordings owns Piano Man’s remaining recordings, if any, from his solo band because it paid for them and thus owns Master Rights

Ok, but will they ever see the light of day (or dark of night)?

FromHell wrote:Slash filed for divorce prior to NITL, thus all earnings thereafter are NOT marital property

Yep, heard that prior to the reunion (rumor was going round for quite some time - the source? Maybe you?)...  Smile

FromHell wrote:
Mr. Stradlin is set to go this fall;
Messrs. Adler and Stradlin have been eerily silent in the build-up to this fall.

Will have to wait and see what'll happen.  Cool

FromHell wrote:The only questions in Propagandaville, then, to me, are what happened to @Uli, one, and, two, is that an actual name?  

Nah, it's not a real name (well for some people it is, but not for me). Actually it is a company:
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/ULi
Wink

Sorry for not getting back earlier, but unlike a few weeks/months ago (when I had time on my hands) I was too busy to be getting into this stuff here (for a while). Now I had some catching up to do, but it seems to me the most recent post was the most "important" one, so I quoted out of that one. Hope that's okay. Cool
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next