APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2023.09.07 - The Chris and Amy Show on KMOX - Interview with Richard

Go down

2023.09.07 - The Chris and Amy Show on KMOX - Interview with Richard Empty 2023.09.07 - The Chris and Amy Show on KMOX - Interview with Richard

Post by Blackstar Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:20 am

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 88097

Back to top Go down

2023.09.07 - The Chris and Amy Show on KMOX - Interview with Richard Empty Re: 2023.09.07 - The Chris and Amy Show on KMOX - Interview with Richard

Post by Blackstar Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:23 am

Accompanying article on Audacy.com
--------------------------------------------

ST. LOUIS - Guns N' Roses is in St. Louis this weekend as the hard rock band continues its 2023 World Tour with a stop at Busch Stadium on Saturday night.

The band visit to St. Louis will be special as the group does have ties to the St. Louis-area, mainly from Guns N' Roses guitarist Richard Fortus.

Fortus, who has been a part of the band since 2002, was born and raised in St. Louis, attending what is now known as Central Visual and Performing Arts High School and going to college at Southern Illinois University.

Fortus still has ties to the area, as he and wife, a local St. Louis-based attorney, still live in the St. Louis-area, along with their two daughters.

Fortus joined Chris Rongey and John Hancock on 'The Show' to discuss the show, which will see the band perform Saturday night along with special guests 'The Pretenders'.

Fortus says that this will be the first time he and Guns N' Roses will play at the Busch Stadium. Previously when Guns N' Roses visited St. Louis for a show, it was at what is now known as The Dome At America's Center.

Fortus says it is fun to him to perform on the grounds where he grew up attending plenty of St. Louis Cardinals games and concerts.

"Busch Stadium been Busch Stadium since I was a kid," said Fortus, "I went to school right down the street, I grew up going to day games and concerts there. Baseball Stadiums are more iconic."

Fortus also talked about his ties to St. Louis and living in the area, praising how the community has treated and his family around the area.

"Everyone in St. Louis is very respectful of my privacy," said Fortus, "When we go out, my wife and I never have any trouble. People are very polite and respectful. Its not like I'm hassled all the time."
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 88097

Back to top Go down