APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2023.08.22 - Wired In The Empire (96.7 KCAL-FM) - Interview with Gilby

Go down

2023.08.22 - Wired In The Empire (96.7 KCAL-FM) - Interview with Gilby  Empty 2023.08.22 - Wired In The Empire (96.7 KCAL-FM) - Interview with Gilby

Post by Blackstar Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:59 pm

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 88097

Back to top Go down

2023.08.22 - Wired In The Empire (96.7 KCAL-FM) - Interview with Gilby  Empty Re: 2023.08.22 - Wired In The Empire (96.7 KCAL-FM) - Interview with Gilby

Post by Blackstar Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:01 pm

Excerpts from Blabbermouth:
----------------------------------

In a new interview with Radioactive MikeZ, host of the 96.7 KCAL-FM program "Wired In The Empire", former Guns N' Roses guitarist Gilby Clarke reflected on the band's 1992 stadium tour with Metallica. He said (as transcribed by Blabbermouth.net): "Look, we had a lot of great times. Lars hung out with us every single day of that tour; he really was like one of us. Every day that we hung out together, we partied after the show. Before the show, [we] went and did — you know, whether it's going to museums during the day, he really was a part of us. We got along great."

He continued: "When [the tour] first started, I watched a lot of the [Metallica] shows because they always went on first, and then we didn't go on for a long time. So after a little while, I kind of — it's not that I stopped watching them, but it would be such a long day for us. So I started coming a little bit later. I saw Metallica in the very early days, and then I hadn't seen 'em until they blew up. So I really admired their professionalism, and I really loved the way that they were always a core unit. They ate dinner together; it's like they did things [together]. I really, really enjoyed that part of them. And as far as sound, I mean, they were huge. They're still huge. Their sound was so big and it was so tight and so Metallica."

Asked to name his favorite Metallica song, Gilby said: "It's such a standard thing, but 'Enter Sandman' is still my favorite song. I mean, look, I'm not really a metal guy — I grew up on The Clash and stuff like that — but I always loved that song because it had a little bit more melody to it and stuff, and that riff is just the greatest riff ever."

https://blabbermouth.net/news/gilby-clarke-says-his-favorite-metallica-song-is-enter-sandman-that-riff-is-just-the-greatest-riff-ever
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

ludurigan likes this post

Back to top Go down

2023.08.22 - Wired In The Empire (96.7 KCAL-FM) - Interview with Gilby  Empty Re: 2023.08.22 - Wired In The Empire (96.7 KCAL-FM) - Interview with Gilby

Post by Blackstar Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:35 am

More excerpts from Rockcelebrities.net:
----------------------------------------------

In a recent Zoom chat with Mike Z, Gilby Clarke discussed his latest album ‘The Gospel Truth’ and his Guns N’ Roses gigs in the ’90s. One part of the interview centered on the 1992 riot that took place after the band’s concert in Montreal. Clarke shared details about on-stage technical issues involving Axl Rose during that event:

“You know, I gotta tell you, I will defend Axl to the last day about that show because I’ll never forget when we went on, there was a lot of problems, and I remember that he kept coming up to me. If you ever see the footage, he kept walking up to me, goes, ‘How you doing?’ I go, ‘I cannot hear a thing. I hear my backline amp, but I don’t hear you. I don’t hear Matt [Sorum].’ He goes, ‘I’m having the same troubles because I can’t hear anything.'”

He defended his former bandmate by saying:

“So, he kept trying to play a couple of songs, and it was just getting worse. It wasn’t getting better. So, like I said, I will back him to the end. It wasn’t Axl being Axl. It really was a decision, ‘Oh, man! This show just sucks, and maybe we should just restart the show.’ And like I said, that one part of the show I will always remember.”

https://rockcelebrities.net/gilby-clarke-vows-to-defend-axl-rose-to-his-last-day/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down