APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Bug with tinyurl links in the mobile version

2 posters

Go down

Bug with tinyurl links in the mobile version Empty Bug with tinyurl links in the mobile version

Post by Blackstar Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:25 pm

I logged in on the mobile version of the forum (I rarely use it) and I noticed that the tinyurl links in the articles index don't work (= they don't appear as active links), whereas the direct links to forum pages do work. For example, from the 1985 articles, only the link to the KPFK radio interview is active.

I looked it up a bit and I don't know how it could be fixed I found this thread at forumotion, but I don't see the option of deactivating the mobile version.

https://help.forumotion.com/t156609-disable-mobile-version-on-your-forum

Last edited by Blackstar on Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I meant to say "bug," not "but")
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87860

Back to top Go down

Bug with tinyurl links in the mobile version Empty Re: Bug with tinyurl links in the mobile version

Post by Soulmonster Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:08 pm

The tinyurl links work on my phone when I am browsing this site with mobile version.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76731

Back to top Go down

Bug with tinyurl links in the mobile version Empty Re: Bug with tinyurl links in the mobile version

Post by Blackstar Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:43 pm

Soulmonster wrote:The tinyurl links work on my phone when I am browsing this site with mobile version.
Then maybe it's a problem with my phone or the browser I use there (chrome). Strange.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:55 pm

Blackstar wrote:
Soulmonster wrote:The tinyurl links work on my phone when I am browsing this site with mobile version.

Then maybe it's a problem with my phone or the browser I use there (chrome). Strange.

I guess so Smile
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:13 am

Did the problem correct itself?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:18 am

Soulmonster wrote:Did the problem correct itself?
No. It's the same on both browsers on my phone.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Mon May 17, 2021 2:49 am

Mystery solved. It didn't have to do with my phone, browser, the mobile version of the forum or tinyurl.

It was just that I wasn't logged in on my phone and I browsed as a guest, and external links were deactivated for guests. This is strange, because I remember changing the settings on the administration panel when we realized that links and images were not visible to guests. Maybe the forum was automatically restored to the default settings during one of the upgrades?

Anyway, it's been fixed now.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down