APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Art of Anarchy

2 posters

Go down

Art of Anarchy Empty Art of Anarchy

Post by Soulmonster Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:11 pm

Bumblefoot is now in a new "supergrouop" called Art of Anarchy with Scott Weiland on vocals! Hahah!

https://www.facebook.com/ArtOfAnarchyBand
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76731

Back to top Go down

Art of Anarchy Empty Re: Art of Anarchy

Post by Soulmonster Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:05 am

Just to be clear, the "Hahah!" was not because they call themselves a supergroup, nothing wrong with that, after all, there are famous musicians in the band, but that Bumblefoot and Scott come together in a band.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:07 am

Scott has posted this on Facebook:

I just saw some press about a side project called art of anarchy that I worked on last year – I wrote and put my vocals down for these guys and had fun doing a couple of videos too, we had a lot of fun. When they find their front man to hit the road and play some dates, check them out. In the meantime, if you want to check out where I’m at RIGHT NOW, check out my band, SCOTT WEILAND AND THE WILDABOUTS. I couldn’t be more excited about our new record, Blaster, that comes out March 31st. You can see us on the road starting in Feb, and at Sundance next week and SXSW in March. Here's some footage of us in the studio performing White Lightning and a new song called Circles.

So the singer is out before it has started?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:25 am

Well, maybe it's not a "supergroup", just a "fun project" with various "guests"?

Soulmonster wrote:Just to be clear, the "Hahah!" was not because they call themselves a supergroup, nothing wrong with that, after all, there are famous musicians in the band, but that Bumblefoot and Scott come together in a band.

Made me wonder too, mainly because Bumblefoot wanted to focus on his own album & touring? So why then start a "supergroup" right now? Suspect
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9477

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:02 am

Bumblefoot has commented on the situation to Rolling Stone:

In an exclusive statement to Rolling Stone, Thal wrote that the group is not intended to be competition for Weiland's other band. "Art of Anarchy is not competition or a threat or interference to what any of us are doing - it's a complement, an addition, one I'm proud of creatively," Thal said in an e-mail. "No need to minimize or undermine or devalue a project we all worked on together over the course of two years. I enjoyed working with Scott. And I'm looking forward to the Wildabouts album release, the Bumblefoot album release, and the Art of Anarchy album release. The more music the better, it's what we do, right? Smile Artists do collaborations and a month later, their own album comes out. This is normal stuff. All good. Smile"

Thal went on to take a diplomatic approach to Weiland's contention that he would not be performing with the group on any live dates, noting that the group doesn't know if they'll even tour. "The five of us made an album together. Scott is currently the singer of the band. It's in writing; no confusion," added Thal. "But yes, Scott's solo album and tour are his priority and we're all on the same page about getting another vocalist if Art of Anarchy hits the road. But we don't need to cross that bridge just yet. Taking everything as it comes, one step at a time, letting it evolve organically. Where it goes from here (and with who!) is yet to be seen."

While Thal says the band hopes to release the album this spring, Weiland will release Blaster, his debut LP with the Wildabouts, on March 31st via Softdrive Records. "[2008's] "Happy" in Galoshes was an experimental art record, for the most part," he told Rolling Stone. "Blaster is definitely a band sound: a stripped-down, furry sound with a lot of space between the notes. But it's tight and to-the-point while keeping that garage rock vibe to it."

While it's unclear how much camaraderie Weiland has with his Art of Anarchy bandmates, the singer told Rolling Stone earlier this month that the chemistry with the Wildabouts renewed his love of making an album. "If you take out the fact that we had to break up the recording process when touring, the album came very easily because of the vibe between the band members," Weiland said. "The sound we were getting felt original and infectious and brought me back to the feelings I had when I made my first couple records. Just excitement, feeling invigorated. Youthful."
Source: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/scott-weiland-does-not-seem-happy-to-be-in-a-new-supergroup-20150122#ixzz3Pab9fqri
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:39 am

Good to hear from Bumble himself on this. While I'm not too keen on this "group", I want to check out how his solo album is gonna sound...
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9477

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:10 am

Scott is finished distancing himself from the band:

"I was never in the band," Weiland says definitively of Art of Anarchy. "It was something I did when I wasn't doing anything. I was asked to write some lyrics and sing some melodies on this project, but it's not a band I'm in. This is my band," he added, nodding to Scott Weiland and the Wildabouts.
Source: http://www.billboard.com/articles/events/sundance-2015/6450824/scott-weiland-wildabouts-art-of-anarchy
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:46 am

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder