APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Bumblefoot to do a Reddit AMA

2 posters

Go down

Bumblefoot to do a Reddit AMA Empty Bumblefoot to do a Reddit AMA

Post by Soulmonster Fri May 24, 2013 10:02 pm

I had no idea first where to post it, but since I believe he wll talk about all kinds if stuff, I decide to put this in this section.

Bumblefoot will be doing a Reddit AMA on June 5, 12:30: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/

I have no idea what that is, so don't ask me Embarassed
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76731

Back to top Go down

Bumblefoot to do a Reddit AMA Empty Re: Bumblefoot to do a Reddit AMA

Post by puddledumpling Sat May 25, 2013 12:03 am

Soulmonster wrote:
I have no idea what that is, so don't ask me Embarassed
Exactly what I was thinking until I read "no idea.... don't ask"
Bumblefoot to do a Reddit AMA 4159970687
I just looked at it briefly. It looks like a worldwide communication platform for talking about yourself with strangers, kind of like a thread in a forum but presenting your input up front as someone or something of unique experience with a desire to share. So if Ron posted "I am Bumblefoot", and it says Reddit requires proof of authentication to be published, his fans could chat with him... kind of like hanging out with BBF. Better than twitter but less than a meet n' greet. Ron seems to especially like direct chatter with the "end users" of his music. That much seems so unusual for such a famous and busy rock star.

I just noticed this emoticon Bumblefoot to do a Reddit AMA 2525475101

Seems to me like a marketers dream for analyzing trends in mainstream cultures who use technology.....

From reddit.com
"how reddit works:

redditors vote on which stories and discussions are important. the hottest stories rise to the top, while cooler stories sink.

comments can be posted on every story on reddit. comments add information, context, and humor.

anyone can create a community (called "subreddits"). each subreddit is independent and moderated by a team of volunteers.

reddit is open source. community members are constantly tinkering and contributing features, bug fixes, and translations back to the site.
stats at a glance (as of May 24, 2013)

last month, reddit had 69,879,749 unique visitors
hailing from over 180 different countries

viewing a total of 4,843,892,051 pages

yesterday, reddit powered 5,445 active communities consisting of over 2,360,053 logged in redditors casting over 20,408,531 votes"

Last edited by puddledumpling on Sat May 25, 2013 12:21 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : found said Reddit scheduled in the linked site and more desc from Reddit)
puddledumpling
puddledumpling

Plectra : 6698

Back to top Go down