APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Richard's Dead Daisies

4 posters

Go down

Richard's Dead Daisies Empty Richard's Dead Daisies

Post by Soulmonster Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:49 pm

Richard Fortus Jumps From Guns N’ Roses To The Dead Daisies

by Paul Cashmere on March 28, 2013

Guns N’ Roses guitarist Richard Fortus will be doing time in Australia as a member of The Dead Daisies.

Following the recent Guns N’ Roses Australian tour, Fortus has remained in Australia to switch over to his other band The Dead Daisies.

The Dead Daisies is the brainchild of guitarist David Lowy and Noiseworks singer Jon Stevens.

The Dead Daisies have just wrapped up an Australian tour with ZZ Top and are about to pick up on the Aerosmith Australian dates.

They also recently recorded songs for their debut album in Los Angeles.

Fortus told Australian Guitar Mag that being in this band is a lot of fun. “Playing with the Dead Daisies is a total blast for me,” he said. “I get to play with some great players and play some great songs. For my money, there is not a better drummer on the planet than Charley Drayton. Every time I play with that guy, I walk away a better musician. For the Daisies, I wanted to go for a very classic type of tone”.

The Dead Daisies will released their first song ‘LockNLoad’ with Slash soon.

Aerosmith and Dead Daisies dates are:

April 28, Sydney, ANZ Stadium
May 1, Brisbane, Entertainment Centre
May 4, Melbourne, Rod Laver Arena

Source: http://www.noise11.com/news/richard-fortus-goes-from-guns-n-roses-to-dead-daisies-20130328

Last edited by Soulmonster on Wed May 07, 2014 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76730

Back to top Go down

Richard's Dead Daisies Empty Re: Richard's Dead Daisies

Post by puddledumpling Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:42 am

Well All Right!
I think I saw Dead Daisies referenced in tweets from Slash but I didn't know Richard Fortus was in on the gig. Yet one more thing to look forward to.

and I'll always love Honky Toast.
puddledumpling
puddledumpling

Plectra : 6697

Back to top Go down

Post by puddledumpling Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:37 pm

Richard's Dead Daisies 485389_632417873441726_1996546736_n
puddledumpling
puddledumpling

Back to top Go down

Post by puddledumpling Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:46 pm

forget Facebook

there are audio clips on The DD homepage

http://www.thedeaddaisies.com/home/

newest YouTube upload of a song preview
puddledumpling
puddledumpling

Back to top Go down

Post by puddledumpling Thu May 02, 2013 12:55 am

I tried to buy the single last night but iTunes crashed on me. I'll try again tonight.
I subscribed to DD YouTube channel - so far there are road clips like this one. Nicely done and fun.
puddledumpling
puddledumpling

Back to top Go down

Post by puddledumpling Mon May 06, 2013 1:20 am

http://www.thedeaddaisies.com/richard-fortus-chats-to-australian-guitar-magazine/

Below is two questions from interviewer David McCarroll and answers from Richard Fortus, there actually wasn't that much about The Dead Daisies in the interview but of course there is on gear as it is Australian Guitar Magazine. See the whole interview in the link - it isn't long winded. The most excellent photo is credited to the most excellent Kat Benzova.

Okay, I might as well ask some uncomfortable questions….. Axl….. Undoubtedly one of the best frontmen to come along in the last twenty years, he has a reputation for being a bit “difficult”… So Richard – is it true, or is Axl just a big pussycat?
I’ve never had any difficulties with Axl. He’s far from a pussycat, but even further from what his reputation belies. I’ll tell you one thing, he has more musical integrity than any singer I have ever worked with. He also is a true musician. He is constantly listening and participating in the musical conversation. He’s not just waiting for his turn to sing his parts, he’s listening and then helps direct the conversation. It’s a pleasure to play with him. It can be an incredibly intense experience. I’ve never stood next to anyone on stage that is that intense. He is definitely excorcising demons at times!

Stepping into the shoes of an iconic rock guitar player could potentially be a role like tip toeing through a minefield. How have you found G’n’R’s audiences response to what is basically a whole new band?
Well, I’ve been playing with this “whole new band”, for the last 12 years! It’s exactly what you’d expect. Some fans are very supportive and side with the new band and others see us as hired guns that are blaspheming scabs. I’m very happy playing with the band and love all the players. I feel incredibly fortunate to be able to play with such a creative group of talented musicians. We all have a lot of respect for the past members.
Richard's Dead Daisies Bmtjwth

Last edited by Soulmonster on Thu May 09, 2013 7:03 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : where is the linked pic? Showed in preview. Still does. Posted says "no follow" no hotlink I guess)
puddledumpling
puddledumpling

Back to top Go down

Post by puddledumpling Thu May 09, 2013 2:17 am

another episode in the video tour diary of Dead Daisies opening for Aerosmith in Australia, previous post Melbourne and this one Brisbane - videography credited to www.katarinabenzova.com. Kat's got herself a great job I say.
puddledumpling
puddledumpling

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:30 am

Looks like Dizzy is currently playing with The Dead Daisies too, alongside Richard & Co.!
On tour in U.K. with Black Star Riders.

Interviews with Dizzy & Richard a.o. here:

http://tinyurl.com/o7rmjls
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9476

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed May 07, 2014 6:31 pm

East Coast USA tour with Bad Company and Lynyrd Skynyrd announced!
Posted on May 7, 2014 by The Dead Daisies

We are happy to announce that we’ll be spending July on tour with Bad Company and Lynyrd Skynyrd for seven East Coast dates starting July 10!

After amazing tour of North America last year for Rockstar Uproar, we’re really looking forward to getting back on the road in the States, and also touring through cities we’ve never played in before.

If you’re on the east coast in USA, don’t miss out on these shows!

“I am PSYCHED to hit, and I do mean, HIT!, the road, as well as every drum I can fit on the riser, this Summer with my buds in The Dead Daisies. When my longtime friend Dizzy Reed called me last September to do some dates with the guys on the Uproar Tour, my schedule was open! Then he told me it also included my buddy, bass wiz Marco Mendoza and I got even more psyched! After meeting and playing with the extremely talented Richard Fortus, John Stevens and David Lowy I was sold! We hit the ground running and we will do it again! We clicked the first time and we get to do it again with some of our favorite bands of all time! Bad Company with Simon Kirke! Lynyrd Skynyrd with good bud Michael Cartellone!! KISS with good bud Eric Singer!! Def Leppard with my bud Rick Allen!! Yeah! My goal; groove hard, have fun, and swing for the cheap seats! I look forward to “A Dead Daisies Summer Of Rock, Volume, Ampitheaters, Power And Friends! That’s “A.D.D.S.O.R.V.A.P.A.F.” if ya wanna abbreviate and get into the art of “Acronyming!!” Haha! See y’all there!!!”
Source: http://thedeaddaisies.com/dead-daisies-tour-us-july/
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:31 am

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:48 am

http://www.new-magazine.co.uk/news/view/67061/Guns-N-Roses-stars-supergroup-make-history-in-Cuba/

A supergroup featuring members of GUNS N' ROSES and THIN LIZZY are set to make history this month (Feb15) by becoming the first U.S. rock act to perform in Cuba since President Barack Obama relaxed travel and trade rules between the two countries.

The Dead Daisies, featuring Guns N' Roses stars Richard Fortus and Dizzy Reed and Thin Lizzy and Whitesnake's bassist Marco Mendoza, will be guests of the Cuban Ministry Of Culture in Havana from 20 February (15) to the end of the month as part of a cultural exchange.

The band will perform a series of dates in Cuba's capital with local music stars like Yasek Manzano, Harold Lopez and Yaimi Karel. The group will also visit schools and conduct workshops with students, according to Blabbermouth.net.

The trip will conclude with a performance at the Cuba Rocks For Peace concert at the Salon Rosado de la Tropical on 28 February (15).

Rolling Stones session and tour veterans Darryl Jones and Bernard Fowler and former Motley Crue star John Corabi will also be part of the Dead Daisies for the Cuba trip.

Excited Dizzy Reed says, "For my entire life, Miami was as close to Cuba as myself and all Americans could get and I assumed it would remain that way for the rest of my time. Now, we are all coming down to Cuba to play some kick-ass rock 'n' roll and soak in the culture, the food, the rum and, of course, the music. And with the long-overdue changes in diplomacy just ahead, it feels like the right time to come and hang."
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:14 pm

Richard Fortus via Facebook:

On September 17, 2015, I was involved in a motorcycle accident. As a result, I broke my shoulder blade, collar bone, six ribs, a toe, I have a bruised lung, lacerated liver and a concussion.

Amazingly, my doctors have assured me that I will make a full recovery. I have never missed a show in my entire career and unfortunately, I will have to miss the entire Australian and New Zealand leg of this tour. I am devastated that I will not be able to play for the Australian and New Zealand fans, who have been so supportive and loyal.

I am healing quickly and getting stronger by the day. I'm looking forward to rejoining the Daisies for the KISS Kruise as well as the Whitesnake tour and our own tour of the UK and France.
I’d like to thank everyone for their well-wishes and can’t wait to be back in Australia very soon. rf

Citing what they referred to as “a bit of a motorcycle accident,” the Dead Daisies have announced that guitarist Richard Fortus will miss the band’s upcoming Australian tour.

Read More: Guns N' Roses Guitarist Richard Fortus Injured in Motorcycle Accident, Will Miss Dead Daisies Tour | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/richard-fortus-motorcycle-accident/?trackback=tsmclip

http://tinyurl.com/qy7b3m3
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:41 am

It is really horrible. I am happy he wasn't more hurt, but it will take time to recover.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by denitza Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:46 pm

I'll see him with Dead Daisies in Sofia in November as a part of Whitesnake tour.
denitza
denitza

Plectra : 4890

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:41 am

Hope Richard will have fully recovered by then! Let us know how it goes.
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down