APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2010.08.29 - Leeds Festival, UK

2 posters

Go down

2010.08.29 - Leeds Festival, UK Empty 2010.08.29 - Leeds Festival, UK

Post by Soulmonster Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:18 pm

SET-LIST:
01. Chinese Democracy
02. Welcome To The Jungle
03. It's So Easy
04. Mr. Brownstone
05. Sorry
06. Live And Let Die
07. This I Love
08. Rocket Queen
09. Street Of Dreams
10. You Could Be Mine
11. Sweet Child O' Mine
12. November Rain
13. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
14. Nightrain
15. Paradise City

Last edited by Soulmonster on Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76773

Back to top Go down

2010.08.29 - Leeds Festival, UK Empty Re: 2010.08.29 - Leeds Festival, UK

Post by Soulmonster Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:22 am

Axl cancelling the Leeds concert:
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:30 am

On Saturday 28th August 2010, @bumblefoot said:

Hi honey, what a day at the office! Had the plug pulled on us, power shut off - I grabbed an acoustic, Deej turned his amp up, Ax grabbed a megaphone, told him I'd grab 10 random people from the audience and bring 'em on stage for a personal acoustic show, but shit was winding down, local security wasn't lookin' to help, had a bit of a Paradise City sing-along but finally we had to just bid farewell... (Leeds: Axl/management will let ya know if there's gonna be any definite change of plans...) This is the kinda crazy shit I need, I feel fukkin good - party hoppin with my bandmates for the last 6 hours. Love you!!

So let's hope Axl changes his mind. Too bad to let the Leeds people suffer.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:20 pm

Leeds Festival 2010: Guns N' Roses headline slot to go ahead
Guns N' Roses are set to headline the Leeds Festival on Sunday despite the band's bitter dispute with the event's promoter.

The US rockers took to the stage an hour late at the Reading Festival on Friday and then had their headline set cut short when organisers turned the power off to ensure a council curfew was not broken.

Famously volatile singer Axl Rose attempted to continue the set without amplification, before grabbing a megaphone and telling the crowd the band would not perform at Leeds.

However, festival organisers believe they have reached an agreement with the band to ensure they fulfil their contract to headline at Bramham Park.

The outbreak of peace between the band and festival promoter Melvin Benn seems to have been missed by guitarist DJ Ashba, who believes the incident was a result of Guns N' Roses being two hours late for their Leeds slot in 2002.

Talking to fans about the Reading debacle on his Facebook page, he said: "Apparently the promoter has had a personal grudge with GN'R stemming from 8 years ago, if this was the case why book the band?"

He added: "For us this was all about the fans, the show and the music. For the promoter it was all about the money and not about the fans or the music."

Saturday's Reading headliners Arcade Fire chose to begin their set with a joke about Guns N' Roses, with vocalist Win Butler saying: "We're very happy to be here. At least we're punctual, right?"

Source: http://www.metro.co.uk/showbiz/839414-leeds-festival-2010-guns-n-roses-headline-slot-to-go-ahead
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:35 pm

Guns N' Roses We r in constant talks to ensure the fans attending Leeds get what they paid for w/out undue bureaucratic interference. We thank you for your understanding. Peace!!

I am quite certain the show will go on, but I have no idea if they will start on time Hay
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:45 pm

DJASHBA Looking forward to a great show tonight at Leeds Festival!! Hope to see ya all there. 2 hours ago reply
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:14 pm

gunsnroses Please feel free to share retweet, etc.: The show tonight at #leedsfestival is ON!
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:34 pm

bumblefoot Leeds! Dizzy's taking a solo, thought I'd say hi....! 15 minutes ago reply
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:34 pm

benevanson Guns N' Roses are killin it here. Best show of Leeds 2010! #leedsfestival
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:10 am

Rock singer Axl Rose launched a foul-mouthed tirade against police and promoters as he left the stage at a festival.

The Guns N' Roses singer told the crowd at Leeds Festival the band was informed it would be allowed to play until just before midnight but was pulled off stage at around 11.15pm on Sunday night.

He told the throngs of watching fans: "We come here to play for you but the cops and the promoters wanna fuck us in the ass.

"We would like to play a few more songs for you but we'll just play one."

The band, which was 35 minutes late to the stage, then broke into Paradise City.

There were fears the frontman would repeat his performance at the festival in 2002 when he kept fans waiting for nearly three hours, especially after he arrived on stage one hour late at the festival's sister event in Reading on Saturday.

As the group's Leeds set drew to a close, Rose, who underwent numerous costume changes during his performance, repeated his earlier sentiment and said: "Be safe, good night and to all the cops and promoters - fuck you."

But despite the hostility towards promoters and police, the band played for nearly two hours and was met with a warm welcome from thousands of fans on the festival's last night.

The band mixed in many new songs with old favourites such as November Rain, Sweet Child O' Mine and Welcome to the Jungle.

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/uk/rose-launches-foulmouthed-tirade-14928347.html?r=RSS#ixzz0y3iw6Oz1
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:39 am

DJASHBA What an amazing crowd tonight at Leeds!! Wow!! Thank you all so much for coming out!!!! Had a blast with you all!!! Much love! 34 seconds ago reply

bumblefoot Sending a Twitter hello between songs at Leeds... http://twitpic.com/2jkp7r BIG THANKS to the crowds at Reading & Leeds, was a pleasure!! about 1 minute ago reply

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:01 pm

Axl Rose and Eleven O'Clock Curfews
I don't very often talk about music on this blog, but every now and again an issue comes up which crosses rock music (my 2nd passion) and politics, this is one of them.

Axl Rose is the lead singer of Guns n Roses, a once great rock band whose reputation has nose-dived since the departure of Slash and a few others. Everyone in rock music circles knows of Axl Rose's reputation as a self-important rock star who is losing his talent. And also that Slash featuring Myles Kennedy on vocals was a far better watch on the festival circuit this year (including their covers of GnR songs). A Guns n Roses let down at Reading and Leeds was easily predicted. In fact the band went on stage an hour and a half late at Reading and half hour late at Leeds resulting in short sets and Axl having a moan at everyone except himself about the curfew being imposed

There are two issues here. The first is Guns n Roses behaviour - which shows a real disrespect for their fans who spend good money seeing the band and paying the always over-inflated prices that are charged for merchandise etc. I say this because there does not seem to be any explanation for the problems and these were certainly not unusual occurrences.

The second issue is a real bugbear of mine and that is the stupid way that eleven o'clock curfews have become the norm at British rock venues and festivals, especially the way they are enforced without an ounce of flexibility. I hate it. I thoroughly enjoy going to European festivals for a few reasons; they are less of a rip off than their UK counterparts; they often have a great international feel to them; and they have live music until 2 to 3 o'clock in the morning.

This universal idea that music has to finish at 11 o'clock is just daft and causes real problems. I went to see Ace Frehley earlier this year in London and he has some real technical problems before the gig which meant the band went on stage late, the ludicrous curfew meant that he played a 40 minute set, the result - lots of angry and upset fans.

At festivals the result of the curfew is that everyone heads to the bars or back to their tents and drink. Is that what we are supposed to be encouraging?

I am not saying that all venues and all gigs should have later curfews. But clearly some common sense is needed - if a band is unavoidably delayed on stage, let's be flexible. Where a venue is not surrounded by housing and especially when it is surrounded by night club venues that are open all hours, let's allow later curfews. And especially, where people are paying a couple of hundred quid to go to a festival, let's have a curfew at a sensible hour so they can spend as much time as possible doing what they paid to do - watch bands playing music.

The current licencing laws were brought in by the control freakery that was New Labour. I hope the Conservatives have the sense to revisit this piece of legislation and inject a bit of localism and common sense.

Source: http://whittleseynorth.blogspot.com/2010/08/axl-rose-and-eleven-oclock-curfews.html
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:35 am

On Monday 30th August 2010, @axlrose said:
Don't know what it is w/us or these last 2 shows. Takes the fun out it 4 everyone fans, band n' crew alike but whatever. So u know, we allegedly had a deal in place pre show w/the city at least at Leeds to do a bit longer performance that was either miscommunication, someone wasn't informed, changed their mind, didn't care or was a con. Regardless the nonsense just seems so unnecessary but w/out real management or industry presence is unfortunately beyond r control. We hope the fans feel they got at least what they could from us under the circumstances as 4 us all things considered that's the main thing. The rest is filler. Anyway, enough rambling. Peace, thanks 4 understanding n' what we did manage to get done out there was a blast! The crowds n' fans were amazing!! And in r opinion (not that apparently it means much) u deserved better!! Thanks again!! Axl-
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:46 pm

On Tuesday 31st August 2010, @axlrose said:
Our start times at the Reading and Leeds festivals factually had nothing to do with us as the previous bands (who were great by the way) came off stage when they did and we went on within' our contracted and documented changeover time period.

Whatever other nonsense anyone's choosing to write would appear intentionally false.

Having the fans or our show penalized for how the event was ran or simply the natural flow of events those evenings and for such minimal amount of overtime along with distortions and falsehoods by media, the promoter and or event organizers regarding the events seems a bit draconian and more than unfair to the fans.

A simple question: If you are aware of our changeover time, the average length of our show and the general nature of how these types of festivals run all of which are no big secrets...why book us?

Is it simply because the lineup on our nights at both festivals sold well? So it's a cash grab with no respect for the fans or the band and somehow an unwanted inconvenience for the cities and law enforcement? If we're not wanted and just being used to line someone else's pockets or for fictitious tabloid fodder at the fans and our expense we're fine with going elsewhere. God forbid we would force ourselves on anyone. It's not that kinda party.

I didn't organize, arrange, authorize, have knowledge of or was even consulted about our being booked for these shows till after the fact nor did I choose to work with anyone I'm aware of other than our manager who was involved in arranging these dates. Yet it would appear we're amazingly often legally obligated to honor such arrangements whether against our will or better judgment. That's simply and unfortunately how this business often works with the artist and imo seems is legally supported to benefit managers, agents, promoters and ticket vendors.

With how the fans and we were treated in the past I had what I feel were legitimate and now proven justified apprehensions. Yet we gave 100% and from where we stood it seemed as if the both the fans (who rocked!) and our camp were having fun and making the most of things.

Why (and what would appear intentionally) risk having it go bad for everyone? Imo that's where true recklessness and negligence at both the fans and our expense would seem to be.

Anyway...thanks again to all the fans who made our nights!!

Peace!!

Axl-
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by seely Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:54 pm

I was there, great show. Didn't get as close as I did at Reading, but it was a better show even so.

Finding a group of guys and singing along to 'Sorry' together was great fun!
seely
seely

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 5186

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:42 pm

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder