APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Tips and tricks

Go down

Tips and tricks Empty Tips and tricks

Post by Soulmonster Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:39 pm

Embedding youtube videos

There are multiple ways of embedding Youtube content directly into your posts. When writing a post in normal mode (not using the "quick reply" option) you will find an icon for this purpose specifically in the text editor:

Tips and tricks Utennavn-4

Just paste in the Internet address to the youtube video after hitting that button and the video will be embedded in your post. In other words, copy the whole http://ww.youtube.com/specificvideocode into the field.

Another way of doing this is simply to paste the address directly into your post and add the youtube tags your self, like this:
Code:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/something[/youtube].

A third way is pasting in the html code that is necessary to display the video directly into your post. This html code can be found by hitting the "embed" or "share" button underneath the youtube video.
Praising others' posts

There are many ways of praising others posts rather than just replying with "+1", "I agree" and so on. I encourage people to use the "kiss" button on the top of the post. By doing this, the recipient gets a point on their reputation score, marking him/her as a valuable contributor.

If you want to thank someone for posting something in a thread you have started, you also have the option of using a "thank" button. This will mark their post with a different background, signalling that this is a key contribution on the thread and adding to their reputation score.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76731

Back to top Go down